In March, Innovadores led another trip to Havana for some of the United States’s leading entrepreneurs, all members of the New York-based entrepreneurial network the Business Owners Council. The visit explored the breadth and depth of Cuban innovation and entrepreneurship. The trip included:
- A meeting with Scott Hamilton, Deputy Chief of Mission of the US Embassy, at the US Ambassador’s residence
- A trip to the Mariel Special Development Zone, led by Benoit Croonenbergs, owner of two of the first privately-owned businesses in Mariel
- A panel discussion and lunch at the Ludwig Foundation with the entrepreneurs behind the B2B filmmaking network Encuadre and Cuba’s first independent videogame, Savior
- A tour and meeting with the Idania del Rio and Leire Fernandez, the founders of Cuba’s first fashion brand, Clandestina
- A walking tour of entrepreneurship in Old Havana and a final farewell evening at the gallery-bar-restaurant-nightclub-music venue, the Fabrica de Arte Cubano
Interested in joining our next trip? Contact Us
Attendees included Presidents and CEOs from industries including manufacturing, publishing, sales and marketing, tech, real estate, and business services. They had this to say about the trip:
“The visit exceeded my expectations—I now see business opportunities both in Cuba and here in the US.” – Vance Patterson, President, Patterson Fan Company
“Innovadores is a wonderful and accomplished team doing great work in improving Cuban American relationships.” – Jai Koranchath, President, ndVOR Solutions
“Innovadores has their finger on the pulse of what’s happening right now.” – Vigdis Erikson, Founder and CEO, Eriksen Translations Inc.
If you’re serious about getting involved in Cuba and would like to participate in our next excursion, Contact Us.